Meeting a New Person Can Spur Memories.

 



I have always loved this poem... 

I have taught my kids, to love the person and hate the sin.  I hope I have taught them all to think for themselves, to be seeker's of truth and work as if it would save a life. I feel they are those kind of people. Well if they find this post they will be pleased until they go further then I may hear a phone call of mom we need to have a come to Jesus meeting... joking, but they are protective. 


 
This morning I made a decision to keep chatting online with an unknown soldier. I know everyone tells me it is unsafe, but I feel the man is in need of a listening ear and a joke or two. I would be too if I were away from home and people were trying to kill me. I have done this before and sadly some of the soldier's I wrote to back in the 1960s, came back home and life failed them, sadly they are no longer with us. I made up my mind if I can make a difference it is worth the risk. I need to see positive come out of life. When I keep my mind on being positive, I don't spend the time worrying about the awful things happening in our world, at home and abroad. Since I have been five, I have always worried about those in danger. My dad came home to our field on fire and all his animals let loose from the barn so they would be safe. (I was only alone because my mom had run a mile to the neighbor's to call the fire department, My dad was a volunteer fireman. Then I carried water in a wagon to the firefighters so they wouldn't get thirsty. My beginning in being a nurse. 
Back to our young man. He sounds like someone who has had some challenges, and sadness in life, but has chosen to be a caring person and hard worker. If I can bring sunshine and giggle into an environment with little of that to offer, then I want to be known as that person. God gives us the loving nature, it is up to us to spread it out to others. In telling him some of my Hero stories, it has spurred memories I had forgotten. That is a gift, because I had buried my self in family history for others, and neglected to keep our own family's stories alive. Maybe this is my blessing being given back to me.
So, don't be judgemental, I am doing what I think is the right thing to do.
In the words of Tiny Tim (I am not tiny, nor am I crippled (some arthritis)) ...
                                                               God bless us, Everyone!


Comments