Humiliated by a Gopher.

Since I began blogging in 2009, I have had photo envy of Carol at Reflection's Flora and Fauna .  I love the way she catches wild life.  I have been trying so hard to catch an animal, bird, insect, or reptile in a nice pose or at least a realistic pose instead of a blur.
This last weekend I had my chance, or so I thought at a picnic the family went on at a local park in California.

My son in law, called my granddaughters attention to the fact there was a gopher digging next to us.  In a few minutes it was evident he was coming up.
I grabbed my camera and rushed to stand near enough ( I am terrible with zoom coming out clear) so I could catch a shot of him as he emerged.  There I stood, camera aim... so I thought, first picture was of grass, second was of freshly dug grass.
Then!  I caught a shot as he emerged.  I clicked 3 more times but only got him once as he paused to look at me considering what I was doing.

The quick as a flash he flipped and I was left with a picture of his backside.  I stood  for 10 min with my camera ready to catch him coming back up... I hoped...but he never came back and I looked quite foolish with my camera aimed at a pile of dirt.

Not giving up though.  I love taking the time to capture pictures of nature and beauty around me. Hope you are having fun too.   

Comments

Betty Luckhurst said…
It's 'that one' shot that counts! Great job!
PS I have stood waiting for a shot for loooong periods and I'm sure I should have been embarrassed, but I wasn't!