Recipe Experiment That Worked.

I was tired.  There was still an abundance of left over turkey, so I decided to try an make impossible turkey pie in muffin tins so I could freeze some ahead if they tasted good.
[If my children come on and comment, it will be something like "Mom, you are taking the 'Impossible Pie' to a whole new level".  They all complained that Impossible Pie recipes were a regular menu item while I was working.]
When I got the link, I discovered someone else had a similar idea. Great minds.
My Impossible Turkey Pie in a Muffin Tin.
First, I filled the muffin tin with chopped turkey, peas and carrots, and a sprinkling of Colby Jack/Monterrey Jack cheeses. Sprinkled with garlic powder, onion salt, and a pinch of sage for taste.

Next in a 1 cup measuring cup, I mixed 1/2 cup of Bisquick, 2 beaten eggs, 2 Tbs of Plain Stoneyfield Yogurt, then finished with enough milk to make a cup.

I slowly poured this mixture over the turkey mixture allowing it to sink in.
I had preheated the oven to 350 degrees.
Now I popped the muffin tin in the convection oven.  Since I had never done this before, I set the timer for 15 min.  At 15 minutes, they were not done. I added another 5 minutes and they were golden brown, with the same sizzling look that Impossible Meat Pies have.
I sprinkled some grated cheese on top and allowed to set for 5 minutes.

Mmmmm, yes, they tasted good, but don't take my word for it. My son who is NOT like Mikey, grabbed them up and I was lucky to get two.  Now I will have to make more to freeze ahead. ; )
Hope your day was a good one. 

Comments

betty-NZ said…
That sounds so good! I miss things like bisquick and other things that make baking easier.