If Not Cared For and Loved, Things Fall Apart

I was visiting Muddy Boot Dreams blog.  (Click on the name to see her photos.)   She was reminiscing about where her nursery had displayed for garden shows while she worked there.  It took me back to the days that I managed a nursery in Conroe. 
That is where I got the name Hummer.  The name of the nursery was Hummingbird Gardens Nursery. We closed it because sales went down so low.  Here are some photos of it then, and  now.  When I went by to take the pictures, it made my heart so sad to see that no one tried to keep it beautiful. Instead, they just let it die.












This was hard to see because the nursery was a dream of mine and to see it in shambles is so sad.  Maybe someone will find it and return it to its beauty.

Comments

Barbara Poole said…
Hummer, Although sad it closed, I enjoyed reading about where you once worked. Must have been a joy to go to work there. Many thanks.
chitra said…
I to felt sad reading about it. , a thing which you held very close to your heart in shambles:(
skinny minny said…
everytime I drive by it I cry a little. It was such a majical time and place. It is so sad to see it now...