Stirrings Of Spring Time


I love the spring time.  The first budding of the trees. the sprouts of grass, and the warmth of the sun.  I am so very excited about my fruit trees.  Look! As I was driving in to the driveway coming home after being away for 4 months helping my daughters, I was greeted by a cheery daffodil.


 
As I was unloading the car tonight, I looked up and the pear tree was glowing like a ghost tree in the dark. I, of course, had to get a picture of it.   My whole small orchard is in blossom.  Pray there isn't a late freeze.
The blossoms give the promise of pear jam and canned pears. Not to mention, a beautiful cheery spot in the garden. 
Tomorrow I will start pot cleaning, preparing to plant now that I am home.  I am excited!

Comments

Unknown said…
Those daffodils are indeed a weldome sight! I love the fintage picture at the beginning of your post.
Yes, there's a good chance spring is here...even in Maine.
Wendy said…
How nice to come home to daffodils and pear blossoms! I did not think pear trees grew so big. I thought they remained quite small.

Spring is exciting. My favourite time of year! Everything bursting with promise. Green everywhere and little animals scurrying around.

Love that pic you've chosen at the beginning of the post.
chitra said…
loved those daffodils.Spring brings lot of hope in the mind.
Was wondering where were you as i didn't see your post.
A rootdigger said…
I feel spring here at your page. And that is nice. Love yur pictures.
Rachel said…
I'm taking a photography class and just recently took some B&W night shots of a flowering pear. Not I'm looking forward to printing them after seeing yours.