Happy Fourth Of July!


I testify to you that God's hand has been in our Destiny. I testify that freedom as we know it today is being threatened as never before in our history. I further witness that this land ...the Americas... must be protected. Its Constitution upheld. For this is a land foreordained to be the Zion of our God. He expects us as members of the Church and bearers of his Priesthood to do all we can to preserve our Liberty" Pres. Ezra Taft Benson

When I started researching my family history and discovered I had an American Revolutionary Soldier in my mother's line, a Benanuel Bonfoey. He was among those who suffered through the winter at Valley Forge. How wonderful to hear his personal testimony given about the character of General George Washington. In the book 'Commemorative Biographical Record', it is recorded that Benanuel "referred with pride to the fact of Gen. Washington's concern for and care of his men, and that he was like a father to the soldiers, cheering or inspiring them with hope as best he could".

I am glad I had an ancestor that was a part of making this nation and inspite of hardships, he looked upon his experience with gratitude for his association with a great man.

I will be with half of my family having a picnic and celebrating the Fourth in the style of my fathers ancestors...we will be at a Tea Party...that was inspired by Samuel Adams which my gr gr gr grandfather Gildon took to heart and answered the minute men call in Connecticut.!


Comments

Pirate Princess said…
So I hear the tea party was a disappointment? Smack those people who put it together! Why keep the crowd from fireworks? DUH!