The Phone Rings at 10:30pm



glitter-graphics.com
















I was sitting and finishing emails at 10:30 when my phone rang.
I wondered who could be calling at this hour as I walked over and picked up the phone. I glanced at the number and saw it was the second daughter, I thought she is usually in bed long before now, I wonder what could be wrong.  I said "hello?"  No  answer, I was wondering....Hello....Then I heard a giggle.

It was my cutie grandson 'Little Red'.

He babble talked a bit then said "love you" and gave me a kiss.
At this point his mom took the phone and
 laughed saying he had been giving his dad a hard time and they called me thinking I was the only person they knew they could call safely that late at night.



You Bet...I will accept a call to say 'I love you' from my grandson at anytime.

It is good to be loved.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a sweetheart! What a way to end a day with a sweet message like his!
Unknown said…
Oh that's cute! I have a 5-year-old granddaughter who gets the urge to call me every now and then. Isn't it just the sweetest thing?
Covnitkepr1 said…
It hurts so much to have your kids and grandkids live so far away. A once a year visit just isn't enough. Thanks to our heavenly Father...we have telephones.
Your newest follower.
chitra said…
Hi hummer,
I am back after a short break and I missed all of you.
I am sure you are still enjoying the memories of the phone call made by your g.son
Wendy said…
Oh my gosh - what a wonderful phone call!!! That is so sweet. I know as a grandma, I'd be thrilled! I'll bet you slept well that night.
Hugs